PRODUCED WATER TREATMENT for Re-Injection
Bandung | September 29 – October 02, 2014 | Rp 9.900.000
Bandung | December 15 – 18, 2014 | Rp 9.900.000
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND THIS COURSE
Produced water is the largest single fluid stream in exploration and production operations. It consists of formation water, or flood water previously injected in to the formation. Generally, produced water may be injected with minimal treatment. If the injected water contains solids large enough to plug the formation, injectivity will decline. Downhole solids contributing to plugging may include not only the solids escaping filtration, but solids generated after water treatment (eg corrosion, scale, and bacterial products). Consequently, stringent corrosion inhibition, scale inhibition and bacterial control, as well as filtration, may be required for matrix rate injection.
This course is designed as an effective practical shortcut to understand produced water chemistry, the main water contaminants, corrosion and bacterial problems, mineral scale formation, equipment and pipeline plugging, injection well and formation plugging, the method and operation of produced water treatment for reinjection, for either surface operation engineers or subsurface petroleum engineers, and anyone who involve in produced water handling, treatment, and related business activity.
The course content and approach are designed to suit participants of different background and different position in the company. It will be delivered as a to-the-point explanation by a professional instructor, utilizing an easy-to-understand examples and illustrations, especially the actual cases in Indonesia.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN FROM THIS COURSE
By attending this course, participants are able to broaden or reshape their knowledge on the related subjects of his or her area of responsibility, learn more detail about many aspects of produced water handling and reinjection, know more how to treat the water and control corrosion, scaling, and bacterial action, understand how to select and use chemicals for treatment and operation of each equipment used for treatment, discuss and consult their specific problems they are about to bring to the class, and share experiences with others.
After completion of this course, participants will understand what produced water is and its fantastic devastating potential to surface facility, well, and formation, how to predict and monitor its characteristics, why and how to perform treatment before reinjection, and how to control and prevent these big and serious problems caused by produced water in the oil & gas field. Participants will know what the minimum requirements for produced water before reinjection and what to do to achieve that requirements.
- The Chemistry and Analysis of Water and the Impurities Constituents
- Characteristics of Produced Water, Formation Water, Surface and Sea Water
- Suspended and Dissolved Material Parameters and Oil in Water Concentration
- Surface Water, Sea Water and Produced Water Injection Examples and Case Studies
- Sour Corrosion, Microbial Induced Corrosion and Mineral Scaling Problems and Control Methods
- Corrosion and Scale Prediction Methods, Calculation, Testing and the related Standards
- Water Quality for Injection and Produced Water Quality Rating Methods
- Guidelines for Produced Water Reinjection
- Methods and Equipment for Produced Water Treatment before Reinjection and their Operations
- Pressure Build-up and Confinement Problems and Solutions
- Practical Application of Produced Water Treating Technology for Land-based and Offshore Injection Operations
- Reinjection Examples and Case Studies
- Oilfield waters, suspended oil and dissolved oil
- Suspended solids, dissolved solids and dissolved gases
- Bacteriological matter and added materials
- Produced water treating objectives andtechnology
- Suspended solid removal
- Suspended oil removal
- Chemical treating for control of bacteria
- Chemical treating for the control of scale
- Corrosion control techniques and the use of biocides
- Other chemical treatment needs in produced water treatment
- Determination of water analysis pattern (Stiff-Davis, Oddo-Thomson) and scale prediction calculation methods
- The use of scale index, saturation index andits practical calculation methods
- Practical guide for evaluation of scale inhibition performance
- Detection and assessment of bacteria in produced water and API field determination method & interpretation of bacteria counts
- Methods and chemicals use for produced water corrosion inhibition and bacteria control
- Practical guide for evaluation of corrosion inhibition performance and biocides application
- Skim vessel, wash tank, and corrugated plate interceptor for solids, oil and gas removal
- Filtering with granular media filters and separation with hydro-cyclone and flotation
- Gas stripper, caustic neutralizer and gas flotation unit for dissolved acid gas removal
- Deaeration and chemical scavenging equipment and their operations Practical application of the technology Road-map of water treatment for disposal and reinjection
- Location & remoteness of the facility and availability of services
- Typical produced water treating and disposal scheme
- Geochemical and physical properties of injected produced water and its compatibility with connate waters Prediction of H2S generation in producing reservoirs
- Produced water quality in relation to injectivity and operations Slug flow in pipeline caused by sludge, slime, solids, oil and gases
- Anticipation of pitting and sulfide stress corrosion cracking on pipeline and surface equipment
- Plugging of injection well and clogging of perforation caused by inorganic scale deposition
- Formation & down-hole damage caused by invasion of rock by fine solids, clay swelling and peptization
- Monitoring of injection pressure and injection fluid properties
- Pressure build-up and confinement problems Environmental problems due to sludge, residual additive chemicals, hazardous components and residual oil in water to disposal
- Safety in oil & gas field produced water handling and treatment Case studies in sea water injection and produced water reinjection
This specially designed course will be conducted by *Hilman Ahmad & Associates*, an Independent Consultant in industrial oil and gas, member of the Society of Indonesian Petroleum Engineers, who manage the Bandung Industrial Oil & Gas Education Center, and has been practicing production operation and corrosion control engineering in Indonesia for more than twenty-five years. He post-graduated from Tokyo Institute of Technology (sponsored by UNESCO) in 1977. He joined in-field-practice program at Nippon Kokan Steel Company & Research Center Kawasaki, Japan for production facility design & construction and corrosion prevention & control in 1983, and collaborated with Cormon Industrial Research Center Brighton UK for on-line corrosion monitoring development in 2000. He has been delivering training course in production operation and maintenance and corrosion control for personnel from Oil & Gas Company and Petrochemical Industry since 1979.
Integrated Quality Training Material (HARDCOPY AND SOFTCOPY) & Quality Training Kits will be delivered on registration, additional papers & handouts assignment by Our Partner. I Note-taking by participants is encouraged. However, to ensure free and open discussions, no formal records will be kept.
CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION
All attendees will receive a Certificate of Appreciation attesting to their participation in the Training. This certificate will be providing in exchange for a completed Training Questionnaire.
Papandayan Hotel, BANDUNG
Casual Clothing is recommended. The Training atmosphere is informal
- Rp. 9.900.000.00/person from 1 (one) Company
- Rp. 9.500.000.00/person for more than 3 (Three) Participantsfrom 1 (one) Company
- Rp. 9.000.000.00/person for more than 5 (Five) Participantsfrom 1 (one) Company
Fee includes the following:
- Three-day registration fee for all Training sessions;
- Lunch per day
- Daily coffee/tea breaks
- Integrated Quality Training Materials (SOFTCOPY AND HARDCOPY)
- Quality Training Kits,
- Convenient Training Facilites,
- Certificate Of. Complecion
- Registration Form MUST be return in advance for attending the Training
- Full fixed fee is charged regardless of the length of time that registrant attends the Training
- Attendees are expected to attend all Training sessions and are not permitted to attend on a partial basis.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- Cancellation received after the registration deadline,January 31, 2012 entitles the registrant to
- received 25% refund.
- Cancellation on the date will be recharged 100% from the fee
- No refund will be issued, if a registrant fails to show up at the Training on-site.
For additional course dates and locations, and registration please fill in form below: