FURNACE: OPERATION AND OPTIMIZATION IN SAFETY
Hotel Ibis Malioboro, Yogyakarta | 17 – 19 September 2014 | IDR 6.000.000
Hotel Ibis Malioboro, Yogyakarta | 23 – 25 September 2014 | IDR 6.000.000
Hotel Ibis Malioboro, Yogyakarta | 08 – 10 Oktober 2014 | IDR 6.000.000
Hotel Ibis Malioboro, Yogyakarta | 21 – 23 Oktober 2014 | IDR 6.000.000
To provide in-depth knowledge of furnace operation in the petroleum and petrochemical industries. The course places special emphasis on abnormal situations liable to lead to incidents and therefore addresses questions of safety arising from furnace operation. On completion of the course, the participants: have a better knowledge of industrial furnaces technology, operating conditions and constraints, and their signification; manage on stream operation rules in safety; know the main maximum operating values and material operating limits; have mastered these constraints for an optimal furnace.
- have a better knowledge of industrial furnaces technology, operating conditions and constraints, and their signification
- are able to identify the different operating constraints and their signification
- know the main maximum operating values and material operating limits
- have mastered these constraints for an optimal furnace operation in safety and fiability.
FURNACE TRAINING OUTLINES
1. FURNACE CONSTRUCTION AND OPERATING CONDITIONS
- Different types of furnaces and their functions
- Operating conditions
- Distribution of heat supplied
- Furnace efficiency
- Estimation rule parameters governing furnace efficiency, scope and limitations for improving furnace efficiency.
- Construction of heat exchange areas, insulation, refractory materials: technology, type of materials used.
2. FLUE GAS CIRCULATION
- Natural draft: stack role, pressure profile inside a furnace
- Parameters governing draft and negative pressure control. Forced draft: draft fan role. Draft control.
3. COMBUSTION – FUEL – BURNERS
- Combustion conditions: heating value, liquid and gas fuel characteristics, liquid spray.
- Implementation of combustion: introduction of fuel and air, achieving their mixture, burner operation.
- Combustion quality: analysis of the oxygen and the unburned material in the flue gases, control of the combustion air flow rate, air-fuel constraints.
- Combustion safety: flame detection, control and safety devices on the fuel circuits.
- Combustion constraints and burner operation limits.
- Heat transfer to the tube bundle: heat flux, tube temperatures, fouling effects. Parameters governing heat transfer: flue gas temperature and mass flow-fuel emissivity.
- Division of the heated fluid into several passes: control and regulation of the \ division, low flow rate safety systems.
- Heating control: flow constraints of the fuel at outlet temperature.
5. FURNACE OPERATION
- On-stream furnace operations: monitoring of combustion and heating – Modifying operating conditions – Analysis of disturbances – Stack sweeping.
- Startup and shutdown: preparation, safe ignition procedures, ignition after a short shutdown, normal shutdown, emergency shutdown. Incidents: explosive
- atmosphere in the combustion chamber, tube rupture, unbalancing, etc.
Dr. Herliansyah, ST., M.Eng
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All personnel involved in furnace operation and optimization: operators, panelmen, supervisors and engineers.
Lecturing, workshop, interactive discussion, sharing and case study.
TIME & VENUE
- 17-19 September / 23-25 September / 8-10 Oktober / 21-23 Oktober / 28-30 Oktober / 5-7 November / 19-21 November / 26-28 November / 3-5 Desember / 10-12 Desember / 17-19 Desember / 29-31 Desember 2014
- Hotel Ibis Malioboro – Yogyakarta
- IDR 6.000.000 per participant (Non-Residential)
- Minimal participants : 2 persons (Yogyakarta)
- Quality Training Module
- Stationeries: notebook and ballpoint
- Flashdisk containing materials
- Training bag or backpack
- Morning and afternoon coffee break for at days of training
- Exclusive T-Shirt or Jacket
- Certificate of Completion
- Training photo
- Transportation for participants from the airport/railway station to hotel/training venue. (At least 2 persons from the same company)